Does Crypto Complete work with flat files?
There are several ways to handle flat files.
You can encrypt the whole field using the field registry or you can use our API's to encrypt and decrypt portions of the field.
The field registry takes care of the following:
1. Defining a field and its properties.
2. Matching encryption and decryption keys with the field.
3. Allows for field triggers to automatically encrypt fields when a record is added or changed
4. Managing the use of an external file if used.
5. Allows an easy way of changing keys when an external file is used.
When using our APIs to manually encrypt, all or part of the above must be done by the customer.